How to Not Lose Your Shirt while Leading Digital Transformation
The digital era is the time for inspiring and impactful leaders. We are no longer in a time where only the top manager commands, and everyone obeys or follows regardless anymore. Therefore your organization expects you to inspire them and make a positive impact in their organization and their future. Otherwise, you may quickly lose your shirt and more in this volatile market.
You’ll need real support from experienced leaders and facilitators while personalizing things for your business and most importantly, taking action. You position calls for a truly evolved and transformed person with a harmonious blend of skills and a broad personality. You are one of the brand new inspiring and insightful leaders of the digital age: you are a Digital Transformation Leader.
Therefore, being a Digital Transformation Leader who wants to live up to the highest expectations, here are 10 rules to act on so that you can succeed in your mission.
1. Don’t look to please everyone but set to inspire everyone to be transformed.
2. Understand that your people do not want the changes but they want the rewarding transformation.
3. Do not force them to accept change, for you won’t experience success this way, rather you can lead them to embrace the changes themselves and succeed together.
4. Never fire anyone, but instead release individuals from their end-of-cycle positions, and sometimes reassign them.
5. Don’t be responsible for everyone’s individual happiness but for the business performance and sustainability. On the other hand, create an environment that promotes individual happiness, performance improvement and therefore organizational success.
6. Invest in the best digital technologies for your business, without relying too much on the technology but making the business the true driver.
7. Invest as much in people as you invest in digital technology, because as rewarding as it can be investing in technology, investing in people is even more rewarding for your organization both in the short and the long term.
8. Start the digital transformation with your personal transformation first, because you will be shaping the future of your organization and it will be a reflection of your mindset.
9. Create the best leadership support team that you can, because you can’t do it alone.
10. Innovate and leverage the organization, customers and prospects innovative potential.
To support you and help you live to your organization’s expectations, I make it my commitment for you to succeed personally, professionally and holistically.
The digital era is the time for inspiring and impactful leaders.